Feeds 6-8 Gringos – Buen Provecho
1 lb Lean Ground Beef.
1 Large Sweet Onion Chopped Medium
1 Large Can Kidney Beans – Rinse Thoroughly
1 Large Can Black Beans – Rinse Thoroughly
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 Tin Tomato Paste
1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes including Liquid
1 Cup Water
1/4 cup Jar Jalapenos – Do Not Skip This!
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder – Do Not Skip This!
1 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Tbsp. Fresh Minced Garlic
- In a large pot over medium heat cook ground beef until about 50% brown.
- Add onions and continue to brown until onions are almost transparent.
- Add garlic and combine.
- Add Jalapenos and combine.
- Simmer for 1 minute and stir.
- You smell that?
- Add dry spices and combine thoroughly, let simmer 2-3 minutes on low heat and continue to stir.
- You smell THAT??
- Add tomato paste and combine thoroughly.
- Add water and diced tomatoes.
- Stir that Sh*t up.
- Simmer on low uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add beans & corn and combine GENTLY.
- Simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
For best results:
- Let cool 1-2 hours before storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat low and slow and serve with a dollop of sour cream and corn chips.
- Open a window. Trust me.